Welcome!

Thank you for reading my blog. Please feel free to make comments and give your own opinions.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Your inner voice..do you listen?








How many of us wake each day with this little voice in your head telling you which way you ought to go? Do you listen to it?

Social conditioning teaches us to be logical and "use our heads". When you only use your head, your experience of yourself and the world is limited. You miss out on the vital information the rest of your body, heart and soul is giving you. Listening to your head and your heart is crucial to good decision-making about your life, your business and your relationships.

Your body gives you a tremendous amount of useful information that you may not be conscious of. For example, when your mother-in-law visits, does your stomach tie up in knots? When your boss yells at you, do you turn into stone? When you feel passionate and alive, does your chest feel warm and open? When we ignore the body's message, we lose out on valuable information designed to let us know what works for us and what doesn't.

For many people, fear manifests as a tightness in their chest. This is valuable information, especially if you aren't aware that you are afraid. Your body alerts you to what feels passionate and what doesn't. The body is a fount of wisdom designed to tell you when you're on the right path and when you aren't.
Intuition is simply knowing something without knowing exactly how you know it. Connect back to a time that you had a "gut feeling" about something - A relationship that you knew you shouldn't take, even though it looked good on the surface or the relationship that just felt right for you. That's your intuition talking to you.
Gut feelings are a wealth of information. Remember, your intuition is never wrong, although your interpretation of it may be incorrect. When your intuition calls to you, trust it. Practice makes perfect when it comes to using your intuition effectively.

Each of us has our very own special saboteur. The saboteur is the voice in your head that says, "You are not good enough." "Who do you think you are?" "If you go with this new relationship, everyone will say here you go again." The saboteur's is to "protect" you from taking risks and making changes that could be wrong for you.

We each carry a set of beliefs that we live by. Certain beliefs you hold consciously, while others are mainly unconscious. Beliefs develop out of past experiences and our interpretations of those experiences. Some of the conscious and unconscious beliefs that you develop limit your ability to grow and move forward in your life. For example: One of your goals as a successful entrepreneur is to make a lot of money. You discover that you have a belief - a limiting one - that it's wrong to make a lot of money. Until you begin to alter your beliefs about money, it will be more difficult for you to achieve that financial success you desire.
When important questions like "What do I want?" or "What's the right choice for me to make?" surface in your mind, consult your inner voice. You possess the answers you need to live a life that feels successful and fulfilling. Listening to your inner voice can lead you on a path that feels deeply satisfying. Your business and personal lives will flourish with this new level of trust in yourself. We are taught from a young age to think with our head and not our hearts. I think that we should learn to listen to both. We should remember that our conscience is part of the inner voice. Should we pay it no attention? 

I know from experience that the inner voice is something you should not ignore. I made a decision in my life that I knew was a mistake. I did the opposite and learned the hard way. I lost everything and had to start over in my personal and financial life. 

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it." Groucho Marx



9 comments:

  1. I believe the "inner voice" you speak of is conscience and the Lord. When we pray, he answers us using this "inner voice". How do we know it is the Lord? The Bible tells us He will never tell you something to intentionally harm you. You may need to take a difficult path to learn (or unlearn) something important. Whether you choose to follow the "inner voice" is completely your own choosing. When things don't go according to plan, we want to blame others, but we are the ones who took the message and made a decision. There is seldom a right or wrong answer to the "voice", usually just a detour on the path we call "life".

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your post . and a am glad your were able to get it up and running have a great day and god bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debi, great post! The inner voice of anyone is an important tool that should be utilized on a daily basis. It is a guiding tool waiting to cultivate something good. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating post... I agree with it. The one person we do not listen to is the one that knows us the best....ourselves..
    I started following you


    http://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/2011/07/collaboration-with-roy-durham.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post, Debi. Someone told me once, "we have to treat ourselves like our own best friend", and I think your post says that, too. Keep writing! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your post! I trust my gut all the time. You can call it God, Source or the Universe, but I listen to it carefully! Thank you!! Much success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Deb,
    I listen to my inner voice today. However, that was not always the case. I had to learn a lot of things in this life the hard way.

    Thanks for sharing.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this necessary truth. Too many times we forget that there are other important ways to be true to yourself besides just our thoughts. For some reason I don't tend to be very attentive about certain things when everything is telling me no, no, no and just that one part that longs for something special says, "don't listen to them, listen to me, we want this !!!! The most important tasks in life for any of us is to learn and grow from our mistakes. This is a nice reminder of some fundamental truths that we often take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great article. My inner voice gives me the power to go for my dreams, and it helps me find the route. It's like having an inner radar. I do allow internal debate, love playing devils advocate, so i can weigh up my otions, and try to ensure i don't make a big time mistake. But i believe in myself, and in my inner voice, and i know the world is my oyster

    ReplyDelete