Welcome!

Thank you for reading my blog. Please feel free to make comments and give your own opinions.

Monday, July 25, 2011

My Daughters

                                    My Darling Daughters

I know you were sent to me from above,
I taught you to talk, I taught you to love.
I’ve always been there to comfort you,
But you have been there for me too!
I remember holding you as a children,
You laughed and giggled and always had smiles,
I’ve thought of you as my best friends,
On you I know I can always depend.

My beautiful daughters
You cannot know
How much my heart breaks
As I watch you grow,
From womb to womanhood you have grown

Always my daughters
And special to me

Love is passed
And love received
To be passed on again:
So may our love be
A hundred thousand years;
Mothers and daughters,
Daughters and mothers,
Through joys and  tears.

After all I’m your Mom, and I will always care.
I hope that I have made it clear,
That you are my daughters and I love you dear.

As you grow older
You will see
Through the eyes of a mother
Reflections of me
Past, present and future
All intertwined
My mother, your mother
All daughters you’ll find
Our reflections, not vanity
Mirrored lives we share
Always a daughter
Your mother, who cares.

2 comments:

  1. THIS WAS REALLY WONDERFUL and by the way you have two beautiful daughters. I loved
    As you grow older
    You will see
    Through the eyes of a mother
    Reflections of me
    Past, present and future
    All intertwined

    But you know that true if your a daughter or son, I still see through the eyes of my mom who we lost way to many year ago!

    I tweeted this ..really wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a mommy and I applaud you! Your daughters are beautiful and are so blessed to have you! Thank you for sharing this poem with me!!!

    ReplyDelete